Collage

Collage

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Saturday Fun Machine


It was one hell of a Saturday weekend that I had last June 30. My early day began at 12am on the floors of the Emergency Room at Makati Med where I waited for almost an hour to have my eyes checked. I'm really glad that I had my trusty cellphone and of course Rednax and his swollen lip story to keep me entertained during that time. Believe it or not, but an ant got into my eye, and because of that (and due to the fact that I was trying to remove the damn thing myself a few hours before I went there), my eyes were hurting, the slow hurting kind. Thank goodness, it was removed! My eyes felt a bit numbed and kinda red, and it was still a bit painful, but nevertheless it felt better. Thank goodness I have maxicare!

We then celebrated my friend's Astro's birthday that afternoon by having lunch at Dampa (the one in Macapagal Ave). We actually had a seafood pigout and hogged (actually , they did!) the videoke microphone for the entire 2 1/2 hours we stayed there. Sinisterbucks also came (to Astro's delight!) but was a bit tipsy because of the beer he drank at a party he just been to before joining us. It was fun since the most of the original Troopers were there, and I couldn't help but feel nostalgic about it as we left the place. I soon realized how much we've grown, how pretty much we lead our own lives, but still, we managed to be there for each other, never failing to let our presence felt to each other.


After that hearty meal. we went to the Mall of Asia to watch Transformers the movie. Katqt, CoolAmy and Kakeru went ahead since Katqt has to be with Nadj for a baptism, CoolAmy, has to sleep for that night's shift, and Kakeru was off to celebrate he and Al's monthsary together. (eww!) Hehe!




Transformers was really cool! I have to admit that I really enjoyed the movie. Hooray to Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay for giving it justice! I was thrilled to see the autobots and decepticons come to life.. although there were some minor flaws in the movie, I still give it an 88%, and I could say that it was one of the best movies I've seen so far for this year!

Some of us went to work (with Techy rushing off after the movie, and Jaggy being a few minutes late!), most of us went home with Astro and Sinisterbucks going off to different directions.. while Rednax and me were stuck in a bit of traffic. I felt the excitement and lack of sleep catching up on me at that moment when I was at the FX cab while listening to Rednax as he tells me his amusing stories about his friends. It suddenly rained but I still went home dry since Rednax, the ever gentleman that he is, lent me his "manual" umbrella.. I actually came to work with barely 2 hours of sleep, with tons of deliverables to finish (which went to waste eventually but that's a different story!) but what the heck, it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment