Collage

Collage

Friday, July 27, 2007

Harry's Last Stand


Right now, I'm taking a short break from reading the final book from the Harry Potter series : Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows. I'm actually down to Chapter 11 and I'm really finding the whole story full of adrenaline rush with all the close calls and attacks the characters have to go through during the first few chapters. Whew! Don't worry, I'm not going to spill the beans or anything. It would be best if you would be reading it for yourself, right? I must admit that I'm torn between trying to finish everything today before I go back to work tomorrow early morning, or just relishing each line (just like what Rednax must be doing!) since this would be the last time that I would ever read anything new about the most popular wizard in the world. I remember the first time I came across the story of Harry Potter and his magical world. I was in college then and I was already hearing about the craze about it. I first saw the movie.. I was awed and it made me want to buyt the first 3 books then. But not until I read the Goblet of Fire, which I really want to thank my former sweetheart, who graciously and unselfishly lent me the book to read, even though he was not done with it yet and his brother might kill him for lending it to someone. It became my favorite book in the series and I was hooked.

FACt: I have never bought a single Harry Potter book in my life. Yeah, I actually read all of them, and we even have all but the Goblet book, (most of them were acquired by my sister, and their British copies to boot! and Order of the Phoenix was bought by my sister). But I will buy my own copy, and am prepared to shell out 1305 bucks for a hardcopy since this would be the last book..

Oh well, back to reading.. "Accio, book!" hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment