Collage

Collage

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Just Rambling


It's another day at work for me. Even it's Holy Week, we have work.Yippee, double pay, more money! So far, no calls because of the fact that I am just taking calls for State Farm. Of course, it's great because I have no calls. The most calls I get in day is maybe 20 and those are just CS calls that were transferred to me. All around me, people are busy taking calls and that leaves me just writing this entry. We have a new seating plan and my new work station is not the best place to access the net. I kind of miss my old workstation way at the back of the floor where I can surf the net to pass the time. Doing nothing is great, sure. But I do notice that there are consequences for this privilege that I am now enjoying. For one thing, I am about to be slapped a verbal for my QA scores. It's not really that I totally forgot how to take calls, I still get a 100 grade for my sessions, but unfortunately, I am already failing some of my QA sessions. It's just one session,yes, but oh boy, if I fail, I do FAIL.


Like my last week's session, I got an all time grade of..... ta-dah, 65! I felt I've gone numb when I saw my score. What the hell! That's one price I have to pay for having few calls. More chances for your QA analyst to get those calls that you made blunders with. I just learned that I am about to be on a verbal warning stage just this Monday. I could not care less anymore, but inside, I was already on a bad mood. Verbal...for QA...I have been on this account for what, more than a year, almost two....and I am the one who'll be slapped with a verbal for QA? For failing just what? 3 sessions of QA? That's a bit subjective. I really don't know whether I would laugh or cry. Try cry? I felt that I must be a retard taking those calls. Whatever! I really don't care anymore. Failing QA and a future verbal warning is one thing, the comments that you hear from your colleagues can be another. Sure, its ok for the first time that I am hearing those jokes of "Wow, sarap ng buhay ni MCR, walang calls!", or "Double pay walang ginagawa." I even laugh and joke along with them. Drats, just a moment ago, I was flagged by my sup again. It's 11:30 and I still haven't taken my first break. Duh...sorry, did not notice the time as I am pre-occupied with my thoughts. With my rambling thoughts. Anyway, I am getting a bit annoyed with the comments lately. Maybe, I am just in a bad mood today. I think I want to be isolated for now.


Thoughts of resigning are fleeting in my mind again. I really feel that I am going nowwhere at this job. The other day I saw a schoolmates's picture at Friendster. She is actually a part of the cabin crew at Saudia Airlines. I was really envious because she posted the pictures showing her at some of the places I longed to see, like Egypt and London. If she's been there, then Paris and Rome are not far away. Sigh! I really just want to pursue my dream of travelling. I see travelling right now as a form of escape for me. You're constantly moving and at the same time discovering and learning. I really want to while I am still at my prime. Sigh! That would be THE DREAM!


Feeling weird and irritated. Would someone find the time to listen? Made the first step in restoring my faith. Surrendered my angst, my expectations, my fears, my hurts and my anxieties to the LOrd. This is my reflection for the Holy Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment