Collage

Collage

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Catching up..

Happy new year! New beginnings, new hopes! It has been a while since I last updated this blogsite because I had an attack of laziness and writer's block (deadly combination!). In any case, the new year wasn't that eventful for me. I missed the fireworks because I was sleeping away. But I did manged to wake up 3 minutes before the new year rang in.
Anyways, what's up with me? Nothing much. Back to normal again. No more holidays to look forward to. However,my cat, Garfield died today. (sob!sob!) Poor cat. He lived a good life.
5 years old. It's ok. I still have my favorite cat with me, Polgosa (that's Garfield's mom by the way!).

At work, I was being tasked to coach a colleague to help her improve her QA scores. The pressure's on because she has two weeks to pass her QA. I listened to her calls the other day, and she needs help polishing her knowledge about some account policies and procedures. So far, she hasn't been QAed yet, so I am hoping for the best. New year, new career? well that's one of things that has been plaguing my mind. Suddenly, I had this urge to try out new career paths and that means leaving my comfort zone at PeopleSupport. To tell you honestly, I am content right now where I am. Great pay, minimal tasks, surrounded by people I enjoy being with.... It's reallly a bit difficult to give that up and I would love to just let it be that way just a bit longer. My colleagues know that I'll be leaving around Feb or MArch. So, I have to make up my mind soon.
Healthwise, my ears are aching. Seems like I was overpoking my ears and it's a bit painful to lean my head on a certain way. It is a bit difficult to find a comfortable way of sleeping too. Anyways, just been to the doctor and that curt doctor just examined me for i think 2 minutes (and I waited for my turn for like 30 minutes!) and he just gave me a prescription for this ointment and told me to see him in one week. Goodluck! Can I just ask for a new doctor?

On a more personal note, congratulations to me because I have been officially inlove again! As you know, it has been almost two years since I have felt that feeling....you know, finding yoursef smiling for no reason at all, happily anticipating, having that kilig feeling everytime you think of that person, having that connection...(ewww...!) But again it's HAVE BEEN, meaning past tense. That giddy feeling only lasted for a grand total of 2 days. I actually saw it coming and to hell with it, I let myself into the feeling. I can't believe I let myself be vulnerable again. You see, I just learned recently that I am now one of those people who are afraid to commit. Me? The hopeless romantic (secretly of course!) who in highschool, used to be puzzled why there are certain people who seemed weary to be attatched to someone they love. Or me at college, who thought that I'm going to have that first and last type of relationship. Well, the realization began when I was filling out this survey thingy on friendster and there was this question that goes, Are you afraid to commit? I found myself hesitating to put in NO. Then, i began to think, can I go through another situation where I'm going to allow someone to have that much hold on me? Not anymore. So I put in YES.So, there I was, really contemplating about the sudden change on how I view commitments in general, and after a few days, I found myself giving in to the flow of feelings, of letting that familiar, sweet feeling take over my senses. It did felt good and there was this sort of euphoria with it. I began to have those memories again on what it felt having a certain special someone.How good it feels to have an eye on someone who you have strong feelings for. I then found myself thinking what and how would it be like if it would be with HIM. (Don't wonder who HE is, I won't tell!) Then at that one act (and I would not disclose any other details) the illusion was shattered. Hmp..talk about a short lived affair. Sigh, it is really hard to find a good man these days. All the good ones are already taken. You know, the type which you can take home to meet your parents and you wouldn't hear 5 reasons why they (along with the rest of your relatives) think that you should consider looking for another. I've seen my friends cry over some unworthy guys, and in some cases, over hopeless relationships.With that, doubled with the terrible breakup (sob!sob!) I've been through, I am now weary entering a relationship where I know I have to risk something to make it work. Well, some good things never lasts! I think I'll just write more about that topic next time! I know a lot of people do take notice if topic will be purely on love, so till now, gotta go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment